last updated on: 2016/03/17
- Our VPN (virtual private network) service provides secure access to the RIKEN internal network allowing users to view the RIKEN Common website from home or while on a business trip.
- We use the type of VPN referred to as SSL-VPN.
Precautions and Conditions of Use
- When accessing online journals/database provided by the RIKEN Library via VPN, please use the Library Proxy Service together with our VPN service.
- You may not be able to access some services and servers.
- Taking or exporting VPN connection software out Japan to some countries is prohibited.
- Networks of some research institutions, universities and companies (such as BNL and Doshisha University) use a proxy server to connect to the Internet. You may not be able to use our VPN service from such organizations.
- We do not guarantee that the service will continue to be available in the future.