A usage fee will be introduced for a part of the HOKUSAI BW usage from October 19th 2020. The usage fee is required for priority execution of BW jobs and use of the data area (/data). Normal job execution and use of the home area (/home) are still available for free.
The services and usage fees that are subject to usage fees are defined in the Handling of Usage Fees for Information System Services Provided by the Head Office for Information Systems and Cybersecurity. Also, once purchased, the usage fee is non-refundable. If you are using external funds, please make sure you use up the purchased services.
Usage fee for priority job execution
- Target of usage fee
- The fees are applied to the part of the allocated core-hour to the Quick and General Use projects that you would like to prioritize.
- If you do not apply for priority execution, you can use it for free during this fiscal year as before.
- 90 JPY for 720 core-hour priority execution (720 hours on 1 core)
- Approximately 1,080 JPY for 1 core with 1 year of priority execution
- Approximately 43,200 JPY for 1 node (40 cores) for 1 year of priority execution
- A new project for priority execution is created for each application, and you can specify the new project number for priority execution.
- The BW usage fees will remain at current prices for the duration of BW’s existence.
Usage fee for data area (/data)
- Target of usage fee
- The usage fee is only for the data area (/data) of HOKUSAI BW.
- Use of the home area (/home, 4TB per person) of HOKUSAI BW is free.
- 180 JPY/month per 1TB
- This service is available from the month you start using it untill the end of the fiscal year. Use of the service cannot be cancelled in the middle of the fiscal year.
- As a transitional measure, the fee will be 90 yen/month per 1TB for the data area (/data) that has already been applied for by the end of FY2019. This special price is until the end of March 2021, and the regular fee will be applied from April 2021.
- The tape area will be removed from user services in the future and will be operated as cold media.
How to apply
Please apply through the application site below.